Join the mobile network run by you! Order your Free giffgaff SIM card and get £5 free credit!

Order your Free giffgaff SIM card via @freegiffgaffsim and get 5 pounds free credit!

Remember You don't get £5 free credit if ordering a SIM directly.
You must top-up your SIM by £10, to activate your SIM go to giffgaff.com

freegiffgaffsim Headline Animator

Sunday 20 March 2011

Best mobile phones for £150 and under

Latest news from the giffgaff blog

Now I know not everyone is going to agree with the 2 handsets in this week’s blog....but I thought-‘What the hell? There’s nothing like a bit of healthy discussion on a Monday!’ (I regret posting this already!) lol BUT I’d love to know what you guys think of these 2 handsets as I couldn’t decide which one I’d actually buy for myself.....

The first handset I would recommend is the oh so popular HTC Wildfire which is on offer for around £139 . Now what I like about this is that it’s easy to use (my Dad had one!) so if he can use it, then I’m pretty sure the technically disadvantaged like me can operate one! And surprise surprise, I can! I like the Android OS, as it’s simple to use and doesn’t make things complicated-like sending an email. The only thing I don’t like is the battery life I talk, surf the net and listen to music on my mobile phone so I need a handset that can keep up with me! (Or maybe I talk too much?!)

The next handset is one for the BBM fanatics - the Blackberry Curve 8520 where you can purchase a refurbed model for around £109 on the O2 network which means you don’t have to get it unlocked! Ok, so I chose this because I know some of you out there don’t like touch screen phones and miss the feel of buttons beneath your fingers! I actually miss the QWERTY keyboard and it does make sending emails and writing text messages a lot easier than on a touch screen phone like the iPhone. But browsing the internet isn’t so fun on this particular BB as it is not 3G The Blackberry OS is very straight forward and I like the way it’s easy to send and receive emails, but the camera isn’t great as the BB comes with a 2 mega pixel camera and no flash (so I look rubbish when I try and upload pictures of me on Facebook!)

So there you have it, this week’s recommended handsets for £150 and under! Please let me know what you think and whether you agree/disagree AND what you would spend £200 on for next week’s blog.

P.S. Something a little random and fun I thought I’d include in each blog, so if any customers are willing to try this app out (as recommended, I mean discovered by the gaffer) then let me know how it goes.....!



SOURCE: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Best-mobile-phones-for-150-and-under/ba-p/527805

No comments:

Post a Comment