Join the mobile network run by you! Order your Free giffgaff SIM card and get £5 free credit!

Order your Free giffgaff SIM card via @freegiffgaffsim and get 5 pounds free credit!

Remember You don't get £5 free credit if ordering a SIM directly.
You must top-up your SIM by £10, to activate your SIM go to giffgaff.com

freegiffgaffsim Headline Animator

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Best mobile phones for £200 and under

Latest news from the giffgaff blog

Right, so it’s week 4 of the blog and the budget is now increased to £200 and after last week’s ‘discussion’ on my choice of handsets, I have decided to keep things simple. Why? Because I am ill and I know that the issue of having a BB on giffgaff is a continuing debate....

The first handset I would recommend is the Sony Ericsson Xepria x10 mainly because I like the fact that it has a large touch screen. Ok, so it’s a little heavy and bulky but the updated Android OS (from 1.6 to 2.1) has improved many features of the phone-such as the camera interface, it now supports HD video recording. I was going to recommended the x10 Mini and the x10 Mini Pro but I actually preferred the Xperia (let me know if you agree or not). I managed to find the Xperia for around £170 which is also SIM free!

The second handset I would recommend within this budget is the LG Optimus One which runs on the latest version of the Android OS-Android 2.2 which means that downloading is smoother and swapping between features such as email and text messaging does not slow the phone down. The music output is not the greatest and I did not like the cheap looking (and feeling!) head phones, BUT it has a good battery life and the Optimus One is a sturdy and affordable way to get into Android. I managed to find this handset for around £170 but as it is locked to Orange, it means that a small unlocking fee will need to be kept in mind.

Well that’s it for this week and next week is my last blog so once again, I’d appreciate any suggestions for £250 and under

SOURCE: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Best-mobile-phones-for-200-and-under/bc-p/556031#M4105

No comments:

Post a Comment